Solibri Model Checker Version 9, being a model checker tool, inherits the basic function of checking BIM model for potential problems, conflicts, or design code violations. From its previous versions, this tool also includes visualization, walkthrough, interference detection, and model comparison capabilities. The application makes BIM files from all IFC compatible software products accessible for you in a single setting for checking.
What Makes SMC version 9 a Quality Assurer?
The application boasts of several high utility features like:
- Robust compression technology that reduces model sizes dramatically
- Ability to combine multi- disciplinary models in one file
- Excellent 3 dimensional visual interface
- Extensive range of rule sets to check a model
- Devoted Ruleset Manager to put together rules to desired standards and create new rules
- Ability to effortlessly generate presentations and reports showing the inspection results
- Wide-ranging information takeoff capabilities with several customizable definitions to precisely control the output
- New Hyperlink Manager that allows links to be added at any level
- Good quality of built-in documentation and several online leaning videos
What is Different with Version 9 of Solibri Model Checker?
With the advent of BIM, the Solibri Model Checker also became quite popular along with other BIM authoring tools. It is one of the few applications available in the AEC industry that actually integrates some level of intelligence about building design and construction.
- Enhanced checklist and information provision: This version of the application has an added feature of ‘remember to check’ rules, which helps as a reminder of tasks that improve QA/QC but may not be directly related to the BIM file. It enables the user to confirm what else is happening with the apparatus involved and, instead of reporting hundreds of interferences, we can find the one reason that caused the problem.
- Faster and simpler issue handling: Including content for issues is made simpler by directly adding them from the default content box, along with the issue description. Rule name, description, category name, issue name and description to default comments are automatically attached. Hyperlinks can also be added to the rule-sets.
- Easy Admission and Management: To quickly access and add available rules to current projects from within SMC, the Solibri Solution Center has been established. To assist with the delivery of new rule-sets whenever such a need arise, it proves quite beneficial.
- Improved Rule Systems: As the complexity of the project increases, so does the requirement of much more demanding rule-sets to ensure better quality. To counter this need, the SMC version 9 comes with the ‘self configurable rule-sets’ feature.
- Cloud-based Licensing: A separate license server is not required anymore. With the cloud-based licensing system, the users and administrators can now directly access licenses and any selected add-ons.
SMC successfully identifies potential issues and design flaws in the BIM files on the basis of predefined rules and building codes. Issues are resolved quite strictly and located in the BIM model too. The new improved version of the application makes it nothing less than quality assurance at your fingertips.